Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lifelong Studentry

Let me tell you, I'm incredibly excited. My eternal quest for knowledge (but more recently, for work-related skills) has taken me to Kennesaw State University's Continuing Education Department. I'm not quite ready for a full-on master's, as I still am still too unsure about the MBA path suiting me. I like KSU's professional writing master's, but honestly, if I move to Decatur next spring, I sure as hell am not going to commute to Kennesaw, especially if I still have a full-time job.

There's also the fact that I have neither taken nor studied for the GRE.

Thus, online technical writing classes! I could have searched for a cheaper/better/thematically different class, but I decided that for now I need the highest return on my investment. While my classes will overlap, I'm going to take a new 6-week course each month until I finish the writing courses. So first is the Fundamentals class. I'm skipping the grammar refresher because, well, I could probably teach it.

I'm hoping that, in addition to providing me with more confidence, it'll help me freelance or get a part-time job! (And help me get to editing!)

But now I'm upset: All excited to start on last week's lesson, and I can't seem to log in. KSU doesn't recognize my password nor does it even email me a new password. I'm sure it's a glitch, but all I want to do is learn, learn, learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment