Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guilty Pleasures: Posh and Becks

I have a confession: I love the Beckhams.

Yes, he might possibly have been caught cheating on his wife (again) and has the worst English accent I have ever heard, and she was the most boring Spice Girl, but I don't care. I have her two first perfumes and now, the newest addition to my library, That Extra Half an Inch. I wanted to buy that book back when I first thought it was a diet guide but couldn't bring myself to spend $20 when I knew I could never actually look like Mrs. Beckham. (You say that you don't want to be that skinny, but really, given the choice, yes, you really do like it. And I don't discount Kate Winslet one bit for no longer being plus-sized.) You can imagine my surprise to have found it for less than $2 at Goodwill this past Saturday.

Actually I was surprised to find that That Extra Half an Inch is a fashion guide (where the extra length corresponds to the confidence from taller heels). It even credits the ghost writer! (You know Posh was too busy with children and travels to write the whole thing.) I haven't had the opportunity to learn anything except that the famous Gucci dress was actually Miss Selfridge (and even now, I have my doubts that she didn't just buy a fancier dress once the label picked up the Spice Girls). I look forward to learning exactly what pants or skirts look best to flatter my wide thighs and butt. She might not have the experience or claim to be an expert, but the rest of my life lies in the pages of her book.

Say she fails at flattering my booty -- I will at least smell delicious and . . . Intimately Beckham (both Day and Night).

I do also want to note that any female reading this should not purchase any of the colognes for her man; while Mrs. Beckham has fabulous scents, the Mr. most certainly lacks that sense. He is someone for visual pleasure, not someone to please your ears or nose. (He was blessed with a set of $150 million legs, if you will remember.)

Yes, I can't help but love Victoria Beckham so much that, had I the spare change, I would own this t-shirt as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment